Preview and Purchase My Current Book 'Twenty-Four Exposures'

Sunday, April 11, 2010

National Grits Festival, Warwick, GA

I think that in all my time in Southwest Georgia, I've never had so much fun talking to people as I did yesterday at the Grits Festival.  Even IF Warwick is known as 'the speed trap of SOWEGA', the people sure are nice!!








The Marine Corps Marching Band from the Logistics Base in Albany GA made an impressive addition to the parade!

As usual, food and crafts were everywhere--from boiled peanuts and grilled turkey legs to the more wholesome stand of citrus fruits with free samples which I genuinely enjoyed and appreciated.


And speaking of free samples, Grandma and Grandpa Grits were on hand to dole out samples from the event sponsor, The Quaker Oats Company. 

 Aside from the friendly folks of Warwick, the most enjoyable part of the day was discovering a band that is way too talented to be on the Festival circuit.

Please visit their website, Grafted By Grace, check out their schedule, and try to get to one of their shows.  Hopefully, you will agree!

Finally, the piece de resistance of the day was The Quaker Grits Pits, complete with rules and regulations as to exactly how you may enter, sit in and exit the world's largest bowl of grits!  Some of the Festival Queens seemed to be okay with it...and some, not so much!



All in all a great and fun day and I'm really glad I went!

No comments:

Post a Comment